Freshly Squeezed by Ed Stein
Type: Comic Strip
Liz and Sam have it all: a happy marriage, a precocious preteen son named Nate, and a house that's just the right size for the three of them. Then, Liz's parents move in. Grandpa Irv is a kindly but occasionally grumpy Korean War vet who loves watching TV, bickering over politics, and spoiling his grandson. His wife Sarah is equally strong-willed, whether urging Irv to diet, questioning her daughter's parenting choices, or finding surprising success as an advice blogger.
With an estimated 49 million Americans living in such families as of 2008, Freshly Squeezed is a refreshing look at newfound family togetherness after the economic collapse. Can three generations of one family share their lives, their feelings, their dwindling fortunes and a bathroom — and keep their sense of humor in the process? Pay a visit to the Freshly Squeezed family to find out!
Freshly Squeezed is the brainchild of Ed Stein, an award-winning political cartoonist. He created the local comic strip, Denver Square, for the Denver Rocky Mountain News for 12 years. He lived the Freshly Squeezed life first-hand when his kids were little and his 80-year-old father moved to Denver.
Meet the Cast of Freshly Squeezed
- Liz Always on a quest to do her part to save the planet, Liz has to hold her tongue while she endures her parents’ junk food tastes and TV choices, not to mention her mom’s constant criticism.
- Sam Ever-affable Sam is happiest just going with the flow. Is he up to his new challenge: keeping peace under his own roof?
- Nate Delighted to have his grandparents move into his home, Nate tries to drag them, kicking and screaming, into the computer age.
- Sarah Strong-willed Grandma Sarah always knows best and it’s REALLY hard for her to admit that her daughter can do something, anything, right.
- Irv The only thing Grandpa Irv, a conservative Korean War veteran, loves more than watching his favorite TV shows (while ducking household chores) is spoiling his grandson.