Eric The Circle and GoComics Announces Draw-It-Yourself Cartoon Competition
User-submitted comics will be published and featured on GoComics.com
Kansas City, Mo. (October 3, 2012) – Eric The Circle, a comic panel created and curated by comic lovers worldwide, is partnering with GoComics to host its first-ever Draw-It-Yourself cartoon competition.
The Australian-rooted comic has grown in popularity in recent years and debuted in the spring on GoComics.com site. With few requirements to maintain continuity in each comic episode – a circle and description – creators have near carte blanche control over their storyline and concept. Using the “Eric The Circle iDraw” mobile application available on multiple platforms, artists can create a comic using “Eric”.
To enter the contest, follow these instructions:
• Go to ErictheCircle.com/create to draw your cartoon.
• Publish your cartoon with the Competition Code: DIY. All submissions must be received by Friday, October 19, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
One hundred Eric The Circle competition comics will be digitally published into an e-book and also in traditional paperback form. Winners will be cited as authors, receive a premium limited-edition copy and gain access to a free one-year GoComics Pro Membership.
The creator of the most popular Eric The Circle competition comic, as voted on by the GoComics and EricTheCircle.com online communities, will receive:
· A free two-year GoComics Pro Membership.
· A collection of 5 signed comic prints by leading GoComics cartoonists.
· A 10-piece portfolio review by Universal Uclick Vice President/Editorial Director John Glynn.
· A portfolio display on GoComics.com, subject to content approval by Universal Uclick.
· Focal point presentation of press release announcing the winner and details for the book release.
Artists and comics fans can enjoy the current Eric The Circle catalog at gocomics.com/eric-the-circle.
About Universal Uclick
Universal Uclick is the largest independent features syndicate in the world and a digital entertainment provider of humor, comic strips, political cartoons and gaming for print, Web and mobile devices. Universal Uclick provides editorial development, licensing and other distribution services for iconic brands such as Dear Abby and Miss Manners and some of the most significant comics in history, including Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, Garfield, Peanuts, Dilbert, For Better or For Worse, Cathy and Doonesbury. Recent standout successes include Lio, Cul de Sac, Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, Big Nate and The Argyle Sweater. A full comic catalog can be found at GoComics.com. For information on Universal Uclick, visit UniversalUclick.com.